Among various inputs for intensive agriculture, farm mechanization has significantly contributed to increasing agricultural production and productivity through timeliness in operations, efficient application of inputs, and conserving soil and water resources. It has also reduced farm losses, pollution, and drudgery, apart from increasing cropping intensity. Mechanization associated with improved crop inputs has improved yields by 10-15%. Amidst growing concerns about manpower availability and the shrinking profitability of agriculture as an enterprise, the need has been felt for appropriate, affordable, and energy-efficient equipment and technology for the cost-effective production and processing of crops. This equipment and technology increased yield, reduced cultivation costs, prevented losses, and added value through location-specific management practices. Its time we realize the advantages of Farm Mechanization and trigger a new agricultural revolution in India.
Key Advantages of Farm Mechanization:
- Farming activities have become more productive and quick thanks to #mechanization.
- The need for human labour is reduced when agricultural machinery is used in farming methods.
- With the use of mechanization, production increases which in turn increases significantly and help increase crop intensity.
- Mechanization decreases farmers’ time and effort while changing their overall #financial and social position in #rural areas.
- Utilizing adaptable agricultural equipments considerably reduces the need for labour, enhancing the farmers’ standard of living.
- Any land that hasn’t been utilized for farming can be converted into a profitable farm quickly and easily with farm equipment, resulting in proper land utilization.
- Only mechanization can assist farmers in growing crops and grains to meet the needs of a significant population as the world’s population is expanding.
- A rise in farmer income and yield increases the worth of agricultural output.
- Social advantages include enticing young people to enter the agricultural industry and drawing more individuals to live and work in rural areas. Due to increased labour productivity and safer farming methods, it also reduces the workload placed on women.
- It releases manpower for non-agricultural purposes, creating new income avenues for the farmer.
- Farm mechanization will create better income returns for farmers, allowing them to invest in livestock or other activities, thereby diversifying agriculture and income sources.
Mechanization of the farm increases productivity and efficiency while enhancing the farmer’s financial situation and way of life.